Wednesday, January 04, 2006

 

Hong Kong Walk Through Movie

One of my favorite authors, Steven Johnson, made a fun little Hong Kong movie from a sequence of digital photos.
When I walked around on Sunday, it occurred to me what you needed to convey this quality of the city was not a photograph -- it was an accelerated, time-lapse-style film that emphasized the movement and change in the environment, and not just a static tableau. So I bought a little digital camera in one of those Bladerunner stores and did a five block walk through Kowloon, snapping a picture every fifteen feet or so. Turning it into a movie was literally a three step process: I imported into iPhoto, then opened iMovie and grabbed the whole sequence, and told iMovie to make a slideshow where each picture only lasts for five frames. You can see the end result for yourself.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?